Sad Day...

4:15 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Today my Simba passed away. :( Over the last week I could see he was not doing very well. He was such a fighter though, as weak as he was he would go out to the back yard every day to bask in the sunshine. Simba was the sweetest cat I have ever known and I'm truly going to miss him! I've had him for 17 years, my best friend and I rescued him from a apartment complex when he was about three months old.

Over the last two years my niece, Samantha, has grown very close to him. When I picked her up from school today I told her that I had an appointment to put him to sleep. She became very upset and said she wanted to go with me and if we could wait till tomorrow. I said I'd see how he was but if he was wasn't doing very well I'd have to take him in. She started crying, it just broke my heart. I dropped her and her sisters at her mom's and when I got home, Simba had passed away. He had crawled in to his favorite corner. I felt so bad no one was here with him!! :(

Below are just a few pictures that I'd taken since he had become sick. The one with the Christmas tree was last Christmas. We were so behind that we were almost going to skip a tree altogether. However I knew Simba would probably not be here next Christmas so I went out and got a tree. Every year he would sleep under the tree every night till we took it down. This past Christmas as soon as I put the tree up he came down and laid next too it. I'm so glad I took a few pictures!!




1 comments:

Rocio said...

I'm so sorry to hear Noel. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you gave him such a great loving life. I will keep you in my prayers.

Take care.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones